Monday, February 22, 2010

Pinch me...I'm in Rwanda!

I must say when I left America in 2008 I knew I was in for an amazing adventure - but I had no idea what to expect. As we are bumping down the road on our way back to Kigali I can't help but pinch myself - we are in Rwanda and I just left my second game park in two months! I've fallen in love with Africa and as much as I want to see the rest of the world, I want to see all of Africa. It's beautiful, unspoiled in many ways, and full joyous people and places to explore and discover.



Today I'd rate our game drive as just ok. I'm sorry for the people on the trip who haven't been on a proper drive before because they don't know all that they missed. We arrived quite late, drove to fast and even though we had two locals and a park guide in the bus we hardly got any info from them. They did come through on the elephant sighting though- which was the highlight of the day.


We ate lunch at Akagera Game Lodge. It was at the top of the hill overlooking the lake and the mountains. The view was absolutely stunning and so was lunch. They eat a lot of tilapia here, I've now had it for the third time in two days! Hopefully they'll have a new option for dinner tonight.

I'm getting to know everyone on the trip and what a great group.
Everyone is so different yet so creative. I've never been around so many creative minds from different backgrounds at one time. We have CNN producers and writers, Cartoon Network peeps, an IPC magazine guru, PR, marketing, sales, HR and more! It's amazing. The digital equipment alone is unreal. Matt has graced us with his mega lens and we'll be filming this week for CNN and Bulgaria TV.

Many people think trips like this are once in a lifetime, grab them while you can; but I and many others on this trip know better. Life is what you make of it. So get out you check cards because there are many more charity trips to come in my future ;)



Get ready, we start building tomorrow!! xx Ash

No comments: